Travel Advisor #15 - Effective From February 1st 2023
The Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar (RGZ) through the Ministry of Health continues to monitor precautionary measures to control the spread of COVID-19. In view of the current trend of COVID-19, like many countries, Zanzibar is updating its Traveller Adversary No. 14 from the 16th of November, 2022, to version No. 15 for the 1st of February 2023 to accommodate the following measures. This is as follows:
- All travellers entering, including returning residents or transitioning through Zanzibar sea ports, or airports, are NOT required to present a COVID-19 vaccination certificate, RT-PCR certificate, or perform a Rapid Antigen Test upon arrival unless otherwise stated by conveyance to be used by the country of their final destination. However, for surveillance purposes Port Health Officers may at anytime perform COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test free of charge for randomly selected travellers upon arrival at the point of entry.
- All travellers entering, including returning residents or transitioning through Zanzibar sea ports, or airports advised to be fully vaccinated as per approved schedule of primary vaccination against COVID-19 in their respective countries. The only accepated vaccines are those approved by WHO and recognized locally as listed at www.mohz.go.tz
- Upon arrival, all travellers temperature will be assessed through a walking thermos-scan and any travellers found to be symptomatic during the screening will be immediately isolated and handled in accordance to local health guidelines for travellers
- All travellers departing from Zanzibar should seek information prior to departure from their travel agents regarding COVID-19 requirements of their country of destination or conveyance to be used.
- For travellers departing from Zanzibar to destination countries which requires RT-PCR certificate, the test will be done at the designated places for their own costs of $80 or perform Rapid Antigen Test before departure at their own cost of $25.
- All travellers are strongly advised to continue self-monitoring their health posts arrival and shall report to the nearest health facility or call toll free Health Emergency Number: 190 for Zanzibar
NB: The Travel Advisory will be reviewed from time to time as need arise with accordance to IHR-2005